1. Pre-heat the oven to 190° C and grease a tin. If you have one just for cakes, all the better! If not, any medium-size tin will do.
2. Cut the sweets into pieces with a knife or scissors. To make this easier, you can put them in a microwave oven for a few seconds to soften them up.
3. Beat the butter in a blender and gradually add the sugar until you obtain a uniform white mixture.
4. Break and beat the eggs, then add them to the mixture. Stir until everything is well blended.
5. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, cinnamon and cardamom. Add to the butter and sugar mixture, blending well.
6. Peel the apples and cut them into slices. Add the slices and pieces of toffee to the rest of the mixture.
7. Pour the dough into the baking tin and bake in the oven for 1 hour.